Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Be prepared for the attack ... it always comes when you don't expect it!

This past weekend was difficult one for me. I was in a car accident, and three hours later there was a pit bull attack 20 feet from my front door. That night/next morning, I was awakened and prompted by God to pray (4:00 is His normal call time).  To my surprise, this time He spoke that I was the one that needed prayer and that I needed coverage from as many as possible. In response to my prayer request I received the following (in pertinent part):

Satan is on the prowl and is going to attack.  He's a butthead (I did have a worse word but I'll keep this PG), a manipulator, a deceiver and ruiner of all good things....He sucketh much!

In Eph.6:10 Paul writes, “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.”
v. 10, it says “in the Lord and in his mighty power.” “In the Lord” means “in union with the Lord.” “To be strong in union with the Lord,” means “to receive spiritual strength from the Lord in our battle with Satan.” “His mighty power” refers to all God’s omnipotent and infinite power that He possesses. Power is one thing - Authority is another!  Together they are UNCONQUERABLE!!

God has unlimited power, Satan has limited power. God’s might is infinite. In Job 42:2, Job says, “I know that you can do anything and that no purpose of yours can be withheld from you. Eph.6:11 “Put on the whole armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the wiles of the devil.” “Stand firm” means just that, we are to stand firm and we CAN stand firm. That is the whole purpose of the armor. This is what God wants us to do when Satan attacks. God wants us not to fall, not to give into temptation, but to stand firm in what we believe and in doing what we know to be right. We are to stand firm for Jesus Christ. One last reminder... DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE LIONS ROAR- THE LORD IS ON OUR SIDE! No need to stand with our Armor with our knees knockin', shield shaking and helmet swaying on our heads! We have a sharp two-edged sword and a walkie talkie (prayer)!

We have to be in constant prayer. We need His protection, while we prepare for our trip, during, and when we get back. Take time each day to pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment